Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Asian parenting!




  As someone who born in Asian continent one of the worst reason which made me sick of living in Asia is parenting.Asian parenting is much more striker than any parenting in the world.I really don't get what's wrong with Asian parents.It may be the culture it inherit, may be the tradition,or may be their beliefs.

Asian parents really care and love for their children but sometimes it seems it's too much.What they expect from their children is to learn learn and learn.Not only that but to see their child being a doctor,engineer or a lawyer.These are the most common jobs they prefer after these three,then comes teaching, nursing and accounting.

 Sometimes parents try to achieve what they couldn't from their children.When the children are small they have no idea what's going on.But when these children become teens this expectations becomes a headache to many teenagers.

These types of  thoughts are mostly among the parents who are educated in the range of bit to best.Sometimes parents think that  having good mark in the tests than the neighbor or any other child whose parents are known is something to be pride and if the mark is less it's something to be ashamed of.

  I know some of my friends parents who refuse to attend to the parents meeting because my friend get low mark just for one subject and threaten  her to not to use turmeric for her home made scrub from the garden.

 Another worst quality of parents in Asia is comparison.They usually like to compare their child to the child next door or to the best student in your class.Sometimes they might think that,that kind of comparison make their children enthusiast.but thrust me there is no such feeling in those comparison accept annoy.




  When the Asian parenting comes to social affairs it's really a headache.They don't like much to have friends in the opposite sex much.Because they don't accept relationships in teenage.They believe that love is not the thing for a teen .

 The main reason they don't want their child to have boy friend or a girl friend is they think that it'll mess up your education.I know it sounds crazy.But I lived kind of that environment.My parents had not much preference of I'm having male friends.My parents had not much preference of I'm having male friends.

  They advise me to not give my phone no to any male friends are they don't allow to me to hang out with my male friends.If my parents saw I'm talking with a friend who is male,they wanted to know each and every ward we've talked.All these precautions are to avoid having a relationship.



  But there were many friend of mine who had relationships sometimes more than one at a time.And the best part is my parents also had their relationship from thier teenage.All my aunts and uncles are the same.but they don't accept a love life in school time.Its something that every Asian parent don't accept,but every children do cheating their parents on.I also did the same.;)I gave my no to my male friends and I hang out with my friends secretly.;)

  For a teenage the most prime duty is to study and to get a good mark and make your parents proud.Can you believe that they didn't let my do sports in the school because my mum thought it won't do any good to my future and it only disturb your education?

 Every parent want their child to be a big man.I think that's because of their love.But they never think that its some kind of a burden on the children.Most parents using their children, without knowing at least that, they use their children to achieve the goals they(parents) couldn't achieve.

  They think that's the way a children should raise.To compete;to win and to be big and to earn money.Most of them never think what their children like to do.sometimes some children may good at dancing, singing or in some kind of art work.But the Asian parents never won't their children to chose their carrier from these talents.They limit those king of talents only to hobbies.

 Asian parents expect from their children is to study very well and to get a good job,to have a good social background and to earn lot of money.And for the life time to  do just as they expect their children to do.If we go over their word, the good kid role completely turn to bad kid.The key is to be the be a good kid is only to obey your parents .Just after we disobeyed them you become the bad kid.



AND THAT'S HOW THE ASIAN PARENTING WORKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form






Google Analytics Alternative